Value and experience
What do you get when you join the Robert Lang Academy?
- The opportunity to be an Engineer and Producer of your own professional session from start to finish. Students receive five days of studio time where the student can bring in a client for their first professional gig. Students keeps all revenue from the client event. This is not only a great way to earn back tuition, but also an opportunity to run a professional gig with the support of technical experts just a touch away in case technical problems arise.
- Grammy U membership, which includes free access to prestigious local, national and international events and conferences. Click here for more benefits.
- BPro Tools training and minimum certification up to the 110 level, with the option to become certified to the 400 level.
- Robert Lang Academy Student Rate for (need version) ProTools discount of 50% off software purchase (and free ProTools software upgrades while supplies lasts.
- Audio Engineering Society (AES) Student Membership where students can participate in the AES Robert Lang Academy Student Chapter as a committee member, and as well as submit to serve on the Executive Committee of the Chapter. Membership includes events, seminars, access to high level, iconic audio pros and more. The AES is the only professional society devoted exclusively to audio technology. Founded in the United States in 1948, the AES has grown to become an international organization that unites audio engineers, creative artists, scientists and students worldwide by promoting advances in audio and disseminating new knowledge and research. Learn more
- Hands-on experience in an active, professional sound recording studio
- One-on-one mentorship and lessons in Pro Tools
- Customized learning objectives and frequent “check ins” and evaluations to ensure progress towards goals that are set by student when enrolled are achieved
- Training to attain the skill-set required to multitrack, overdub, edit and mix live performances and electronic music
- Training to attain the skill-set required to multitrack, overdub, edit and mix on analog and digital audio systems
- Knowledge of the different microphones used in the studio and mic application
- An understanding of the basics of acoustics and several hundreds of hours of independent study time to experiment with the acoustics in the highly-sought after rooms in the studio
- A professional understanding of studio etiquette
- Deep understanding of the power of music in the gaming industry